A Few Tips & Tricks of the Trade...
Here's some useful information to help keep your vehicle safe and fuel-efficient:
- Rotate & balance your tires about every 6,000 miles to ensure a more even tread that will extend the life of your tires.
- Use a penny to estimate how much tread is left on your tires. Hold Lincoln's head upside down within the tire tread groove. If any part of his head is covered by the tread you're good to go. But if the tread doesn't reach his head then it's time to invest your saftey!
- Check your tire pressure from time to time. You can improve your fuel economy slightly by making sure your tire remains well inflated. (But do not inflate beyond the recommended amount - it's a rough ride and can wear your tires out faster).
- Protect your investment! If you have any concerns about wheel theft, ask us about locking lug nuts.
- Brake dust doesn't just ruin your image; it can also cause damage to the surface of custom wheels. Be sure to keep them clean for a better look and longer wear.
The penny test shows that this is an unsafe amount of tread.
This tire has plenty of tread.
Photography by Gracie Lott